Sunday, May 04, 2008

One week from tonight!

One week from tonight, I'll be making a journey across the Atlantic... I have so far managed to keep the excitement from being overwhelming, but I definitely can sense the excited nervousness creeping in. So many amazing things await me - all of them I imagine to be once-in-a-lifetime experiences...

We'll be taking Air France and connecting through Paris on our way to Casablanca. Check out the amenities that Air France offers (click on the "take off on a unique onboard experience" link on the page that opens up)!

We'll be visiting three cities in Morocco for the first week, then taking a fast ferry (yes, nearly identical to Rochester's ill-fated one) across the Strait of Gibraltar to southern Spain (Andalucia). There, we'll be touring Sevilla, Granada, Toledo, Segovia (Roman ruins!), and Madrid. In Sevilla, we'll be attending an authentic flamenco show (this dance style was invented in Sevilla). We have an opportunity to see a bullfight at the main stadium in Madrid, but have been warned that it is not for animal lovers... so, I may go to the opera instead that night!

Below is a youtube video that someone else put together of the main market (medina) in Marrakesh, Morrocco. The medina is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site and has been described as the most bustling square in all of Africa(!).

Watch the video and see why I'm so nervously excited!



No comments: