This was the best Father's Day yet! I was greeted first
thing in the morning by my little boy bringing me a present. It was a
beautiful custom photo-book that Angel wrote and designed. It told the
story of Danny and well, ME! It was really the sweetest thing I'd ever
been given! If you'd like to check it out, here's the link-
Father's Day Photobook
It didn't stop there - Mommy and Danny actually baked me my favorite cake - cherry chip! I'm told that Duncan Hines doesn't make cherry chip any more, so Angel actually chopped up some maraschino cherries herself (thank you, Pampered Chef) and mixed them into the white cake batter. How creative! For those of you who know about Angel's relationship with the kitchen, you understand my relief that as of this writing the kitchen still stands! Danny helped frost (himself, I think...) the cake! Yummy...
BEFORE
But truly, what would Father's Day be without some down-and-dirty gardening? The "BEFORE" picture above shows the front border garden in transition. It actually looks better here than at any other point in the last year. There were weeds and masses of roots clogging the area.
So, off Danny and I went to Lowe's to check-out the annuals. These trips are some of my most favorite - I always dreamed when I became a dad that I would spend weekends going to the home store and working on projects. What those dreams lacked were the details and Danny is here to fill those in: he got his foot tangled in the web of wires behind the fountain display and then lost his shoe ("Shooe, Shooe!"); he knocked over a terra cotta planter; I lost him briefly behind a row of miniature palm trees (they sell palm trees at Lowe's in middle Georgia); and he proudly rode the John Deere tractor inside the store (probably wanting me to put quarters in it, like at the mall). After all this excitement, we settled on 3 flats of begonias and flowering vinca plants. Home we went with our bounty!
So, off Danny and I went to Lowe's to check-out the annuals. These trips are some of my most favorite - I always dreamed when I became a dad that I would spend weekends going to the home store and working on projects. What those dreams lacked were the details and Danny is here to fill those in: he got his foot tangled in the web of wires behind the fountain display and then lost his shoe ("Shooe, Shooe!"); he knocked over a terra cotta planter; I lost him briefly behind a row of miniature palm trees (they sell palm trees at Lowe's in middle Georgia); and he proudly rode the John Deere tractor inside the store (probably wanting me to put quarters in it, like at the mall). After all this excitement, we settled on 3 flats of begonias and flowering vinca plants. Home we went with our bounty!
All it took was a little Danny magic (and some heavy shovel
work from Daddy), and the front garden was transformed! Little by little,
we are making this house feel like picture-perfect home.
AFTER
Of course, what would Father's Day be without the latest Grand
Theft Auto on Playstation? While Danny was napping, Daddy got to spend a
rare hour cruising the streets of Vice City listening to '80s tunes!
Aaahhh..... does life get any better than today?







No comments:
Post a Comment