It's now been a month since we've moved to sunny GA, and today my bathroom is finally done....for now. The bathrooms are going to be our major renovation projects in the next year, but until we can do some research on bathroom renovations, and get an architect in here to go over floor plans, I needed a little "spruce up" for the master bath.
I love how in the tv shows they fast forward through the painting, and everything is magically done in about ten minutes. This bathroom has super-high ceilings and a wall of storage cabinets, which meant tons of "cutting in" before we could roll the walls. David spent about a week on top of a ladder; taping off, priming, cutting in, and finally painting the walls. During this time, he started his new job, and Danny had four teeth erupt. (Which meant that we spent alot of sleepless nights up with a crying baby)
The previous owners left us some "before and after" pics of their renovations, and in the stack I did find one picture of the master bath. It looks like the only thing they did was to replace the green sink and paint the bathroom mustard yellow (I'm still confused about the mustard yellow/ketchup red color scheme in the house, but their weird colors meant a better bargain on the house for us!)
So here is the WAY before picture (circa 2000)
This is what we moved in to:
This is for now:
I was going for a spa feel- soothing and light, a good place to relax in a deep-tub bubble bath.
In the next year, we'd like to take out some walls and make a really large bathroom with water fall showers, a huge soaking/jacuzzi tub, and a dressing area.
Our next project- the horrible blood red walls in the downstairs guest room bathroom!





No comments:
Post a Comment