Oh, the agony of waiting! As you all know, all of the pregnant women in Macon decided to go into labor on Wednesday, overflowing maternity wards at both hospitals, causing our induction to be cancelled. We are so excited and ready to meet our new little boy! I've been on the phone with the ob's office, and have been guaranteed that we are the FIRST induction in line for Monday night. There is still a very slight chance that we may be bumped to Wednesday (inductions are only scheduled for Mondays and Wednesdays) but I have been assured that it is very unlikely that the hospitals would be full again, so please keep your fingers crossed for us!
I also want to thank the Jennings- our Christmas angels- for actually postponing their vacation for two days and taking Daniel for us! We LOVE LOVE LOVE you, and owe you so much! Susan, if this were "Big Love" I would so want you as my wife! [editor's note: just so we're clear, this is ANGEL's post, not David's]. Daniel is way more excited about sleeping overnight at Henry's house than getting a new baby! He has been talking about it for weeks!

Daniel knows he's getting a new baby, and is excited to be a big brother, but I think that having a baby during the holiday season has confused him a bit. A few days ago in preschool, the kids learned "Away In A Manger" and talked about the first Christmas. On the way home, Daniel told me all about it- and how baby Jesus and baby Jason are different babies, but baby Jesus was born in a barn, and baby Jason will be born in a barn in the hospital. Also, there will be sheep at Jason's birth (we do have a little stuffed lamb that we're bringing for the baby- don't know if Danny was talking about that, or actual live sheep) and that Bob the Builder was there when Jesus was born. We were trying to figure out how Bob fits in to the nativity scene, and the only thing I've come up with is that maybe his teacher mentioned that Jesus was a carpenter? So does my kid think that I'm going to give birth in a barn surrounded by livestock with Bob the Builder singing "Can we do it?" "YES we can, PUSH!"

I also want to thank the Jennings- our Christmas angels- for actually postponing their vacation for two days and taking Daniel for us! We LOVE LOVE LOVE you, and owe you so much! Susan, if this were "Big Love" I would so want you as my wife! [editor's note: just so we're clear, this is ANGEL's post, not David's]. Daniel is way more excited about sleeping overnight at Henry's house than getting a new baby! He has been talking about it for weeks!

Daniel knows he's getting a new baby, and is excited to be a big brother, but I think that having a baby during the holiday season has confused him a bit. A few days ago in preschool, the kids learned "Away In A Manger" and talked about the first Christmas. On the way home, Daniel told me all about it- and how baby Jesus and baby Jason are different babies, but baby Jesus was born in a barn, and baby Jason will be born in a barn in the hospital. Also, there will be sheep at Jason's birth (we do have a little stuffed lamb that we're bringing for the baby- don't know if Danny was talking about that, or actual live sheep) and that Bob the Builder was there when Jesus was born. We were trying to figure out how Bob fits in to the nativity scene, and the only thing I've come up with is that maybe his teacher mentioned that Jesus was a carpenter? So does my kid think that I'm going to give birth in a barn surrounded by livestock with Bob the Builder singing "Can we do it?" "YES we can, PUSH!"

No comments:
Post a Comment